1) JythonScriptFactory for Spring 2.0
After having read this discussion,
I contacted Kevin and he sent me a version compatible with spring 1.3.
I used this version as a base for my implementation. Since Jython can implement Java interfaces, the final solution is very similar to the Groove Factory.
2) Django Oracle Backend Patch (rev3496)
- triggers were not created for m2m tables
- 'add constraint' can be too large for oracle
- some statements did not get executed because of the statement closing ';' at syncdb
- the NULL vs. empty fix was not copied over from jason's original ticket (oracle treats an empty string as null)
- i set "alter session set nls_date_format = 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'" to get default ansi date format
- i catch and print db related exceptions at syncdb rather than terminating the process
(this patch is based on tzellman's patch)